Pillow is the "friendly" PIL fork. Initially just a packaging fork, now considering image code bug fixes and Python 3 support. To be friendly, we attempt to track changes against upstream tickets in PIL.
Pillow 1.7.8 is out! Read about it here:
- It's PIL (Python Imaging Library)
- It installs on all modern systems 
- Win32 eggs are provided (special thanks to Takayuki Shimizukawa)
This release includes:
- Removed doctests.py that made tests of other packages fail. [thomasdesvenain]
- Fix opening psd files with RGBA layers when A mode is not of type 65535 but 3. Fixes issue https://github.com/python-imaging/Pillow/issues/3 [thomasdesvenain]
To install Pillow:
$ easy_install Pillow
$ pip install Pillow
$ python setup.py install (inside the extracted zip)
$ pip install zc.buildout $ buildout init
[buildout] parts = pillow [pillow] recipe = zc.recipe.egg
(Note: easy_install & pip each handle namespace packages differently, so you should choose one or the other, and not mix the two.)
If you find an issue, please report it here:
Better yet: please fork, fix, and submit a pull request. Please also solicit for peer review once the pull request has been submitted.
You may discuss issues related to PIL, Pillow, and Python imaging on the image-sig list:
Enjoy using Pillow!
|||If it doesn't, please report it: https://github.com/python-imaging/Pillow/issues|